p: (416) 360-2852
Steven articled with a full service firm in Toronto where his work focused on civil litigation. He joined Genest Murray as an associate following his call to the bar in September 2008. His litigation practice focuses on all areas of insurance defence, particularly personal injury, product liability, professional negligence, subrogation, property damage and commercial matters.
Steven worked as a legal clinic supervisor for three years during law school gaining advocacy experience representing clients in criminal summary conviction offences, Small Claims Court matters and disputes before the Landlord and Tenant Board. He currently volunteers for Pro Bono Law Ontario providing duty counsel to unrepresented Superior Court of Justice litigants.
Steven has appeared before various courts and administrative tribunals including the Landlord and Tenant Board, the Ontario Court of Justice, the Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Court of Appeal and the Federal Court of Appeal.
- Admitted to the Law Society of Upper Canada, 2008
- University of Western Ontario, Faculty of Law (LL.B.), 2007
- University of Toronto (B.A. Hons.), 2004
- Co-authored “Recent Developments in Solicitor-Client and Litigation Privilege: an Analysis of Blank v. Canada (Minister of Justice) and Celanese Canada Inc. v. Murray Demolition Corp.", Litigation Privilege: What's New?, Osgoode Professional Development Evidence Program, September 19, 2007.
- Co-authored “Fostering Pro Bono Service in the Legal Profession: Challenges Facing the Pro Bono Ethic", Ninth Colloquium on the Legal Profession, Chief Justice of Ontario's Advisory Committee on Professionalism, October 19, 2007.
- Co-authored “Documentary Discovery and E-discovery in Crown Litigation”, Crown Litigation Course, April 9 and 10, 2008.
- Advocates' Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- DRI (Defence Research Institute)
- Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers' Association